We assist applicants and licensees in all aspects of liquor licensing and compliance throughout New York State. Opening a new business, such as a restaurant, bar or liquor store, can be an overwhelming experience. Applying for a liquor license is a complicated process, and a small error can delay your opening for many months.
We can help you save time and money, and give you confidence that your application is being prepared properly under the rules and guidelines of the New York State Liquor Authority. Furthermore, we can help expedite your New York State liquor license and assist you in a cost-effective manner with handling violations, closings and hearings.
In addition to helping clients to obtain a liquor license, our attorneys can provide the following services:
- Advice with respect to the different categories of liquor licenses, the procedures to obtain those licenses, and the regulations regarding those licenses
- Defense of liquor license violations
- Representing clients at the New York State Liquor Authority’s 500 Foot Hearings
- Handling civil litigation arising out of commercial, employee or customer disputes
- Drafting and negotiating agreements for the purchase and/or sale of your business
- Guidance on choosing the best business entity for your business and drafting the necessary documents
- Advice on all aspects of the purchase, sale, lease and financing of your business property, and drafting the necessary documents