Contact via email
David’s practice is focused in labor and employment and construction law. He has represented a wide variety of employers in the public and private sectors. David has provided counsel in all aspects of human resources and labor relations, including employee handbooks, employment contracts, collective bargaining negotiations, wage and hour issues and medical leaves. He has also defended numerous employment-based claims arising under statutes such as the Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Title VII and the New York State Human Rights Law, as well as claims arising from non-compete and confidentiality agreements.
David has handled litigated matters in state and federal court and before numerous administrative agencies, such as the Workers’ Compensation Bureau of Compliance, PERB, NLRB, EEOC, US and NYS Department of Labor and the New York State Division of Human Rights. For municipal clients, David has considerable experience in all facets of the Taylor Law and the Civil Service Law.
David has conducted several employer-training sessions and has lectured on employment law and human resources.
David’s construction practice includes cases involving public and private labor and material bonds and performance bonds, breach of contract claims and enforcement of rights under public and private mechanic’s lien law.
New York State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
Dutchess County Bar Association
In The Community
- The Chamber Foundation, Inc., director
- Dutchess Community College Foundation, director
- Grievance Committee for the Ninth Judicial District, member
- Dutchess County Bar Association Grievance Committee, chairman
- Poughkeepsie Rural Cemetery, director
- Mid-Hudson Civic Center, past chair board of directors
- Dutchess County Economic Development Corporation, operational
oversight committee, and past director
- American Cancer Society (Dutchess County Chapter), past director
- Hyde Park Chamber of Commerce, past president
- Regina Coeli School Board, past president
- Millbrook Youth Hockey Association, past director
Whittier College School of Law, J.D. , Research
Editor, Whittier Law Review
Buffalo State College, B.S.
Labor and Employment
U.S. District Court
Northern District of New York
Southern District of New York
Eastern District of New York
U.S. Court of Appeals